Little did I know how powerful those little flicks would become. We soon realized that I was growing an active little baby! Cole's favorite time was usually after 11pm. He seemed to really wake up when I was ready to sleep! We spent quite a few nights with our hands on my belly feeling it move and jump. Closer to the end of my pregnancy, we could actually see my whole belly move! Even in the weeks just before he was born, his bum would often switch sides in the middle of the night. Even in-utero, those little hands and feet packed a powerful punch!
Even as a newborn, Cole still enjoyed his late night wake time. Thankfully, he outgrew that fairly fast and has been sleeping through the night for a while! One thing that hasn't changed, though, is his desire to move! He is not quite 7 months old but he is a busy little boy! He has been "army-crawling" for a few weeks already but just today has figured out how to crawl on his hands and knees. For now, he still prefers the army-style (which is saving me, since I figure it slows him down a bit!) but I doubt he will prefer it for long. He can get from sitting to crawling without falling now and is off as soon as his belly hits the floor!
He has an independent streak a mile wide and won't stay close to me in the house anymore (unless I'm holding the camera, which he would LOVE to get his hands on!). If I turn my back for only a second, he's gone to find the nearest pair of shoes or slippers to investigate with his little tongue.

No comments:
Post a Comment