Welcome to my crazy life! I feel like we've been caught in a bit of a whirlwind over the last few days and weeks! Where has fall gone?! I realized today that Christmas is a mere 6 weeks away! Yikes!
Cole is 1! On his actual birthday, he was with his grandparents since I had to work. I was slightly sad about that but since he doesn't really know the difference this year, no big deal. We had his party a week later, nothing huge, just family. He was very spoiled and got lots of great presents. I made little monkey cupcakes, which Cole enjoyed making a mess with. He didn't really eat much of it though.



October passed by in a flash, all of a sudden we were dressing up for Halloween! Cole was a monkey this year, which was very fitting. He is super busy and constantly chattering away and climbing everywhere!

He has figured out how to get up on to the ottoman, but doesn't realize yet that he can move it around to the other furniture, thank goodness! He also climbs my kitchen stool and likes to stand on it! The other day at Grandma and Grandpa's, he stood up on his rocking horse! Pretty sure he's going to be a trick rider. ;) Today, he pulled his laundry basket into the middle of his room and climbed up on it...caught you!

He is an incredibly busy little boy and needs CONSTANT supervision to make sure he stays out of trouble! He loves to open cupboards and drawers to see what he can get into. He loves remotes and phones and he knows he's not supposed to touch them. If I catch him with them, he will bring them to me as if to say "Here Mom, I brought this for you!". It's hard to describe how much we love him and how special he is. He is just so much fun to play with! I feel like I have said this at every stage, but this is my favorite age!
I've been back at work for almost 2 months now. We are starting to settle into a routine and things seem to be working out well. Cole has made the adjustment seamlessly. He is so cheerful all the time and does so well with our early morning treks to Grandpa and Grandma's. I am working 2-3 times a week and I am genuinely happy to be back. I really missed the patients and staff. I've been bouncing around into a few different rotations, I start into my third one since September at the beginning of December. I am decreasing my hours just a bit since I found my 0.8FTE to be a bit too much. I think this 0.7FTE that I start in December should be perfect, just enough time at work but plenty of time at home too. :)

Glad to hear that you are finding a balance between work and home - it is a challenge and a reward to be a working mom! We miss seeing you and Cole and need to get together soon - silly to think about how much our boys are alike..busy, playful and mischievous all rolled into one :)
ReplyDelete