Well, after 6 months of silence, I'm back to the blogging world! And have things ever changed in ours! It's hard to believe that, in my last post, I announced the upcoming arrival of a new little life into our family and now that little babe is almost 2 months old! Lots has happened in our home over these last 6 months so I will do my best to update.
September:
-Cole turned two! We had a small family gathering in our back yard on a Sunday afternoon to celebrate our firstborn. The cake was a little farm scene, complete with John Deere tractor. Cole was more excited about the tractor and didn't even sample his own birthday cake. Are we sure he's my kid?!
October:
-We took possession of our new house on October 1!
-My brother got married! Over Thanksgiving weekend, Mickenzie and Nina got married at the Great Canadian Barn Dance in Hillspring. It was such a fun day of laughing, celebrating and dancing! We are so happy to have Nina in our family.
-Moving day was October 11...and there has never been a more stressful, chaotic and FAST move. My mom and I had packed and moved most of the kitchen the day before and Jeff had moved a few boxes from our office after we took possession. Cole went to Grandma Suzie's on moving day (could you imagine a curious two year old running around yet too?!), so I packed a few things into my car and drove over to the new house. I unloaded the car and put a few things "away", expecting to go back to the other house to supervise the packing/moving process, when I hear people outside. Lo and behold, a truck and trailer is outside with half of my house on it! Our entire house was packed AND moved before lunchtime! I'm a wee bit of a control freak and a "doer" so having to sit and watch (or be somewhere else!) while everything was packed up and delivered was a bit of a crazy time for me! I think God is trying to teach me something here.... :) Seriously though, it was a crazy day...but, everything made it over in one piece...and we had some wonderful helpers.
November:
-The Christmas tree was put up. Cole loved looking at all the lights and ornaments. We hung his little ornaments where he could see them and the first morning the tree was up, he came upstairs and said "Hi Monkey, how doin on tree?". He did pretty good with not touching too, thankfully.
December:
-Cole had his first trip to the dentist! He did so great...wasn't thrilled when the hygienist moved the chair up and down though. We survived with no tears at least!
-My dad biked across Costa Rica in one week to raise money for Compassion Canada. We are so proud of him! Cole talked a lot about "Cos-ka Reeka" while he was gone, and asked to go see him there.
-On Christmas Eve, we went to church in the afternoon, then came home and opened presents with Cole. The evening was spent at our house with the Nieboer family. Cole loved the present-opening...he's really got it figured out now!
-Jeff worked on Christmas Day, so Cole and I hung out in the morning until he got home and then we opened stockings. We headed off to Thiessen's for brunch, presents, and turkey dinner...yum!
-On Boxing Day, I asked Cole what we should do today. He didn't even miss a beat: "open presents!"
-Jeff celebrated the last day of 2012 by picking up his new truck! Hooray!
January:
-I worked my first and last shifts of 2013 on January 1. Maternity leave begins!
-We said goodbye to Jodie for the next 6 months! She's headed off to Burkina Faso to do some work for Bridges of Hope.
-Cole and I spent our last day at home together, just the two of us!
-Cole had his first "big boy" haircut...Uncle Mick took 4 inches off! I can't believe how much more grown up he looks.
-Jude Hayden was born on January 24 at 1045. What a handsome little boy! We called Cole to tell him the news, he asked if he could come visit. He wasn't sure what to think about his new little brother...when he held him the first time, he said "he's too big for me, Mom, too heavy".
-We settled in to life at home with two boys. The first morning we were at home, Cole came running into our room just after 7am: "where's baby Jude? Need to see him! He ok? Want to hold him? Baby Jude in our bed with us?". The three boys laid in bed together until Jude started crying, then Cole started crying too. He has been pretty sensitive to the needs of his little brother!
February/March:
-Our first six weeks at home as a family of four have definitely been trying. Cole, Jeff and I all had colds at the beginning of February. Jude started getting a bit of a cold too at 2 1/2 weeks old. He had his first ambulance ride and a hospital admission at 3 weeks old! Poor little buddy. We spent 4 days up on Pediatrics so Jude could be treated for RSV. About a week after we got home from the hospital, Cole got pink eye! After a round of antibiotic eye drops, we cleared that up with no one else getting it, thankfully!
-And for this week, GASTRO! Yes, we got hit with a stomach flu!
So, that about wraps up our last few months! We are hoping and praying that illness is passed for a while now so we can just enjoy life together as a family of four!


















No comments:
Post a Comment