Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Summer Ponderings

Where has the summer gone?! I am in disbelief that next week is the last of August. Today, my baby boy is 11 months old. I knew that time would go faster once we had kids, I just didn't realize HOW FAST!


July was gobbled up in a whirl-wind of camping trips and family reunions. We were able to get together with 3 out of 4 extended families! Of course, when family gets together, it's around food! We enjoyed some gourmet meals with great company! A pig roast with the Nieboer clan, roll kuchen with the Thiessens, and delicious steaks and BBQ's with the Veluws. Phew! We also spent some time pool-side...




But it wasn't always enjoyable. :(



August has scooted by quickly too. We took a lovely day trip to Waterton with my family. We hiked to Crandell Lake and we saw a mama bear with 3 cubs! Scary.






Cole *helped* with the laundry...



We spent some time at the park.



We had a *great* time playing with friends. :)



Cole went to his first horse show to cheer on Grandma.



Jeff, Cole and I spent a week camping in Kananaskis, biking, hiking, eating, and relaxing. It was really nice to get away and spend time as a family. Cole seemed to really like camping...he loves to be outside now and enjoys watching people and animals. Thankfully, he also enjoys the hiking backpack and the bike trailer.








And here we sit...August 24! And my heart starts to get a bit heavy...


I have mixed feelings about what the next few weeks will bring. I want to enjoy the last dregs of summer...soak up a bit more sun, spend as much time enjoying outside as I can. I want to fully cherish the last few weeks of my maternity leave...it's back to work in less than a month...so I have to soak, up these last few moments of spending every day with Cole. I am nervous about going back to work...I've been off for over a year. I'm sure the learning curve is going to be steep. I am nervous about leaving Cole for so long every day that I have to work. 12 hours away is a long time. I am excited to see my co-workers again, to have a purpose outside of my home. I know that going back to work is where I need to be right now...but it's still hard.


These next few weeks will be full, I'm sure. I'm trying to get our lives as organized as possible so that this new transition can be smooth. I am going to attempt to meal plan, although I have to be honest...my last few attempts at this have failed miserably. Any inspiration, recipes, ideas, etc would be more than welcome!

So, bring on September...we are ready for you!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Chels, you brought a tear to my eye - it is so tough thinking about going back to work. You are an awesome mother and nurse and I am sure that you will be able to combine the both in a way that will work well for you and your family. Love the pics - made me smile thinking back to our last play date when the boys made each other cry - they are sure special little guys :)

    ReplyDelete