Well, after a 3 month blogging hiatus, I suppose it's time to write again!
 |
| Enjoying our Teppanyaki experience |
We went on our cruise at the beginning of February and had a great time! It was really nice to get away and spend some time with friends. The cruise was really good, we enjoyed amazing food (both on and off the ship) and great conversation. We stopped in Roatan (Honduras), Belize City (Belize), Costa Maya and Cozumel (both Mexico). Costa Maya and Cozumel were my favorite ports...the beaches were beautiful and we had really great experiences at both places. We booked "excursions" online after checking out reviews on TripAdvisor.com and were very pleased with both of our Mexican excursions...which were more relaxing and suntanning than excitement and adventure, which was fine by me!
 |
| Enjoying some complimentary champagne before dinner |
The food was incredible...we enjoyed the local cuisines when we were in the ports, but the dining on the ship was pretty impressive also. Nachos, cheese and guacamole was a standard afternoon snack...before we went for fresh crepes at the buffet. Yum!
 |
| Sunset view off the ship |
We were gone for 10 days total...and boy, was I ready to come home! Not that I didn't enjoy myself or have fun, but 10 days away from my little dude was enough! I don't think I've ever gone on a holiday and been anxious for it to be over...then again, I have never gone on holiday without Cole! We are thankful that we did it though, and really honestly had a great time.

This boy LOVES his horses...everything is about "nay-nay"s. He loves to help outside at Grandma and Grandpas...even if it means picking the stalls. He often says "Nay-nay Grandpa poop?". Such a goof.


Since we have been home from our holiday, our next endeavor has been commencing basement renos. As I have said
before, renovations are painful for me. We decided to start with the laundry room and, thankfully, the chaos didn't last nearly as long as I anticipated. Jeff got right to work framing in a closet and drywalling the 3 framed walls (one wall was already drywalled). We did a coat of primer one evening and I painted the two coats of paint the next day. Cabinets, sink and countertop are in, along with a BRAND NEW laundry team (pictures to come soon!). I am so excited about this new laundry room. I painted 3 walls grey and one wall yellow...the colors didn't turn out quite how I had pictured but I'm happy with them. The room isn't *quite* finished yet so I'll get some pictures up of the finished product when it's ready!
Besides renos, I have been busy working and running around after a toddler! I am enjoying being back at work...I find it a welcome change. Some days are harder than others, but I think that's to be expected regardless of whether I'm working or not.
 |
| Helping "Pooh" talk on the phone |
Cole is growing up into a little boy...the traces of my baby are fading daily. He is learning new words by the hour it seems. My favorites are "t-ow-tch" (couch), "tat-tyoo" (thank you), and "puh-eye" (up high). He often says "tat-tyoo Mummy" (melt my heart) but we are still working on "please". He signs it more often than says it, but it still doesn't come as often as I'd like. There are still a few things he says that I can't understand but, for the most part, we communicate quite well. He has always enjoyed talking on the phone, or at least listening to whomever would talk to him. Lately, he has taken to jabbering to anyone that calls. He usually thinks it's Grandpa and yells "Hi Ba-Pa!" into the phone at everyone.
 |
| Even lions can drive trucks |
 |
| Having a snack at the park |
 |
| "Ouse!" (house) |
Cole's favorite game these days is "ah-boo" (peek-a-boo). He loves to hide under a blanket and then pull them off and yell "AH BOO!". We bought him a little tent from Costco, complete with sleeping bag and pillow. He loves it...especially since he loves to pretend he's sleeping. He usually asks for either Jeff or me to crawl into his tent with him and go "ni-ni".
 |
| Night night! |
This is such a fun age! It has its frustrations; the other day I was trying to get out of the house by 9:30am and in a matter of an hour and a half, Cole had emptied his diaper drawer, spilled the contents of my wallet all over the floor, set off the car alarm, got his elbow stuck in his wagon, covered himself in his breakfast, played in the toilet and ripped a book. Good times. I am learning to laugh at the little things and take it all in stride...what else is there to do? Grin and bear it...and hopefully snap a few good photos in the process!
No comments:
Post a Comment