Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

And the renos continue...

The renovations are in full swing in the Nieboer household. Jeff and his dad spent the entire day on Saturday (no joke...) ripping out the old shower and tub and putting in a new one. We were actually able to use the new tub on Saturday night! Yay! The tile came on Monday so Jeff started putting it up last night. It looks fantastic! He is such an amazing handyman. :) Can't wait to see the finished product!


As I have been pondering bathroom renovations, and the state of chaos that I find mine currently in, I have also been thinking about spiritual renovation. I wrote last week that I love the planning and inspiration, and the finished product but the chaos and mess that surround the process drives me crazy. I wonder if this isn't also how God feels about our spiritual journeys sometimes. He loves us so much, just as we are and wherever we are, but He also loves us enough that He won't let us stay in our pre-renovated condition. He has a plan for my life, and He can see the finished product. The journey sure can be frustrating though! I am incredibly thankful for His infinite patience with me. Philippians 1:6 "For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.". I am so grateful that I don't have to live in a constant state of chaos. I know the Master Planner and have confidence that He is in control. What a blessed assurance!

No comments:

Post a Comment